It’s been a wild year to say the least! After getting a big chunk of the studio remodel finished in 2018 we had a roof leak that caused the studio to shut down for a week. I’m going to back track and fill in as many blog posts as I can but I mostly wanted to get back into the daily posts to keep everyone in the loop!
The main changes are:
- We rebuilt the ceiling, rear wall and right wall after the rain damage situation.
- Purchasing and installing a handful of vintage german gear (V72s, V76, V77s, V78s and a U73 comp w/ a mod for attack and release times).
- Purchasing an Avid Sync HD & Apogee Big Ben to organize the clocking at the studio now that we have multiple interfaces running.
- Setting up 4 stereo synths to run live at all times.
There’s more in the works too! Here are some future plans:
- Finalize acoustic treatments with Chris Ownes
- Finalize gear/patchbay layout
- Swap the synth rack for a new one that can hold 6 keyboards (extra storage)
- Hanging art and putting the last few touches on the environment
- Organizing the music shop downstairs and throw live performance events
TRUTH STUDIOS PROFILE:
Truth Studios is a boutique recording studio located in the Fairfax district of Hollywood, California. Originating in 2008 in the bedroom of studio owner Nick Breton’s apartment making music with local Los Angeles artists. We have since grown into a beautiful building where the studio currently operates. Truth offers studio rental, recording, mixing and mastering services to independent and major label clients from every corner of the globe.
Truth Studios is affiliated with acts such as Chance The Rapper, James Blake, Vic Mensa, Joey Bada$$, Boi 1da, Macy Gray, Mr Hudson, Walk The Moon, Martin Garrix, Dom Kennedy, Asher Roth, Chuck Inglish, Alina Baraz, Anatii, Smino and hundreds of other artists. This studio has become a landmark icon in Los Angeles and the music community worldwide.